Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend in review

Saturday Perry and Marcy surprised me by coming and kidnapping all three kids in the morning. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself :)! I never have no kids at one time....I usually always have at least one if not all with me, so to have a little time to myself was GREAT!! I took a shower with no interruptions, jammed out to some loud music in the bathroom while I got ready for the day, and even got to go to lunch with my hubby (with NO KIDS)! The kids had a great time too. They took them to a couple of stores, of course bought them each a little something, and even took them to McDonald's for lunch. Thanks Perry and Marcy....you guys are the BOMB!! Love Ya!!
Then Saturday night after Troy got off work we headed to Gooding to pick up our kids and hang out for a bit. Dave & Steph, Jason & Hailey, and Debi & Ronnie all ended up coming to Perry and Marcy's too. Perry grilled steaks for everyone and we had a feast with salad, and baked potatoes, yummy rolls, and a homemade chocolate sheet cake for dessert. Perry had stopped at the dollar store earlier that day and picked up the most hilarious chains and bling bling for the guys to wear. The girls even got into it posing with the chains and hats. We always have such a great time with this group thinking "outside of the box"!





Then on Sunday afternoon Troy and his brother Thayne got a big group of guys together to go play some ball. We went to a park in town that has a fairly nice outdoor basketball court, tennis courts, a playground, swings, and all. It was a nice day and the kids just ran around and played all day while the guys played ball.





Jaycee so badly wanted to run onto the court and play too, so we made her a deal that if she sat on her basketball and watched daddy play that in between games she could run around on the court. I was amazed at how well she sat there and watched....she is so stinking cute!!



Then on Sunday evening our friends the Allsops came over and played a little tennis. They totally kicked our butts, but I still had a great time playing. Troy was probably wishing he had a different partner by the end of the matches, but he was still super sweet and stuck by my side the whole time. I never claimed to be the best athlete....I just enjoy playing and having a good time. Unlike some people who are SUPER competitive even in a friendly game, not naming any names D'Nette. :) It was such an enjoyable weekend.

Also a little congrats to the Burley High Varsity Cheer squad who took 1st place at State Cheer Competition! You Girls Rock!! Love Ya Ab, Tiff, & Whit!!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

HMMMmmmmmm!
fun.
great group
hmmm.

Andrea Hardman said...

What a fun post. I love when they're so newsy. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Andrea

Cederberg Family said...

What a fun weekend!