Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter Weekend in the Burley/Rupert area. We headed down Saturday afternoon and went to Grandpa and Grandma Cantrell's house for a couple of hours. Ori has been begging and begging to go and help feed the cows and so I told him the next time we headed that way we would stop by there and help feed the cows. He was so cute and so excited. He told me that he would show me how to do it, but he said be careful mom, it can get kind of heavy. Wende and her two kids were there visiting and Josh is now living there, so it was fun to get to see everyone and visit for a bit.



















After we fed the cows we headed to my parents house. All of my sisters were coming for the weekend so we decided to celebrate Dad's birthday on Saturday. Gary and Amber came up with a great gift idea that we all pitched in on. It is a rock to put outside the door to my Dad's new office. It turned out great and dad loved it!









Then we colored Easter eggs with all the cousins. I know my kids look a little naked in these pictures, but at this age we decided that it is easier just to strip off their shirts and let them color Easter eggs that way, less mess. :) Perry and Marcy and their kids came down to visit Grandpa and Grandma Knopp (who just returned from 3 months in Arizona) and colored Easter eggs with us.













Easter morning was so fun. My kids are at the perfect ages to enjoy this kind of holiday. We also had an Easter egg hunt which was a lot of fun.











Then later in the day we went to the field across from my parent's house and flew kites (all the kids got kites from the Easter bunny). It was a lot of fun. Some other family members came down and helped with all the kids and the kites.








Then we enjoyed the rest of our day with family, lots of food, and tons of fun. It was a great weekend.

















3 comments:

Andrea Hardman said...

That's a lot of fun! I love the kites. Erika got a kite for Easter but we haven't had enough wind just yet. Love you tons!
Andrea

The Peterson's said...

Looks like you guys had a very fun family day filled with love and fun.

Cederberg Family said...

What a great weekend! I love the picture of all the grandkids! It is so cute!!