Monday, March 17, 2008

It is all worth it!

If you know me very well, you know I have three kids all under the age of 6. I love being a mother and I love all the new stages we go through, but they also keep me VERY busy! Here is a little look into our lives.

The things that keep me busy:
Going outside and playing in the dirt right after a bath and clean pjs
Taking all the shoes out of our closet and stacking them on a clean bed
Finding a permanent marker (we won't even go into everything we have cleaned marker off of, I should have bought stock in the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!)


Finding the stash of candy bars

Helping mom with the dishes Trying to quickly sweep up a brand new box of cereal on the kitchen floor before mom walks in

The things that make it worth it:

My kids asking me what they can do to help me and always being big helpers


Checking on you sleeping peaceful at night wondering where in the world time has gone.

Watching you walk up the stairs in your underwear, your brother's soccer socks, and your spiderman hat asking if this can be your outfit for the day.

Watching you grow up and start playing sports and figuring out what you love about life.

Watching you play together and love each other.


Finding my camera with pictures on it that you took yourself (Kayden took this pic of the two of them eating cake....too funny!)

Being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest job I have ever had, but it is also the most REWARDING job I have ever had. I am so lucky to have these three amazing kids that test me every single day, but not a day goes by that they don't tell me that they love me and they ALWAYS know how to make me smile!

13 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

Your a wonderful mother!! They are very lucky!

Stephens Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephens Family said...

I love your blog. It is good to know that I am not the only one that has kids like that. It is so hard at times, but IT IS SO WORTH IT. You are good because you grab your camera, I just try to worry about how to fix the problem without trying to get to mad. I guess that is one of my weeknesses. Your great!!!

Reese Family said...

absolutely PRICELESS!!! That was the best post I've ever seen. Give me so much to look forward to! Can't wait to see and meet your kids one day!
Teach them how to make "home videos" like we used to...remember Hailie and "dirty little minds???"
THAT was funny!

Kimberly said...

Gee whiz! I obviously sat here and read that post on the WRONG day. I just sat here and bawled like a baby as I read your comments under each picture, because I can totally relate! This is the greatest time of our lives!!!! I love you!

Robin said...

Wow girl that is a layout in waiting! AND you have the journaling right here on your blog! LOVE the pics....especially the ones he is dusting!! LOL...

Jessica said...

Awesome Post. I love it. You are such an amazing Mom. I love how we think to grab the camera before we do anything else. These are really fun and great memories that we never want to forget. I love those kids.
I love you so much.

Andrea Hardman said...

What an uplifting post. It makes you groan, smile, laugh and cry. Love you!
Andrea

The Peterson's said...

What an awesome post! So funny and touching at the same time. From all the photos on your blog it is so easy to see that your kids are absolutly adorable it must be hard to get mad a them even when they get in trouble.

Chalet said...

That was fantastic! YOu look like such a FUN mom!

Chalet said...

Sorry about your girl on American Idol. She wasn't my favorite but not the one I thought should go!

Craig And Kerri said...

Awesome Post. You gotta love it.......Wow that sure brings back memories of our kids at that age, it's so fun to watch them grow and change from day to day. Love your blog!! Great pictures!!
Craig

P.S. I think you are an Awesome Mom!

John and Kassie said...

THAT IS THE TRUTH! THE MOST DIFFICULT JOB---BUT DEFINITELY MOST REWARDING---LOVE ALL THOSE PICTURES OF YOUR KIDS---AND CAN SO RELATE TO THE PLAYING IN THE DIRT IN CLEAN PJS! BOYS WILL BE BOYS RIGHT! I BET YOUR SCRAPBOOKS ARE BEAUTIFUL---YOU TAKE SUCH FUN PICTURES----HAPPY SPRING JEN!