Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Evening with my parents...& I have been tagged!

Troy finally brought our fifth wheel back from Carey where he has been using it when he has to stay up there. So, yesterday we decided to take it back to my parent's house where we store it for the winter. We were in desperate need of a little time with my parents and Ab Jo, so it was an enjoyable evening. Mom and I teamed up and made steak, shrimp, fried rice, parsnips, mashed potatoes and gravy (for the kids), and some veggies for dinner. It was YUM-O!! Then we sat around and visited, watched American Idol, the kids made valentine pictures for everyone, Troy helped dad put some sheetrock up in his new office he is working on, and then we played a couple games of pinochle with Dad and Mom before we headed home (the girls won of course :)! The kids have been missing their Aunt Jo and she couldn't wait to get home from the game she was cheering at to see them. I snapped a few pics of the evening and the kids with Ab. It was a fun night.


Troy helping dad in his new office


Kayden's Valentine picture he drew for Grandma


Jaycee & Papa Clyde


Jaycee & Aunt Jo


Aunt Jo and Ori Clyde


Kayden & Aunt Jo


Playing cards


Papa Clyde & Kayden

I also wanted to share this picture. I just loved it! Kayden made this for us yesterday at school in his computer class. I was so impressed. It is a string of hearts and above it he typed...You make me sweet mom and dad, Kayden. How can you not just LOVE that? :)


Now.....before I go....I have been tagged!

A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.

C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


10 Years Ago: I was in my senior year of high school dating my high school sweetheart Troy

Things on my to-do list today:

This is a two page list, but here are a few...
1. Take Kayden to school at 8:15, pick him up at 11:30
2. Mail Package to B.I.L. Eric in Iraq and package to my niece Kaylie
3. Organize hall closet
4. Paint, sand, and finish magnet board so hubby can hang in kitchen tonight
5. Pick up pictures from Costco and add to new calendar
6. Pick up new toe kick and skins for cabinets from Lowes (finally came in yesterday)
7. Finish tax information to take into accountant's office
8. Do flash cards with Kayden
9. And then of course the normal dishes, meals, diapers, cleaning, moping, etc. etc.

What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
Pay off our house/bills. Buy a piece of property and build us a new house that we will actually stay living in this time. Buy my hubby a new truck, Go on a cruise with just my hubby (the honeymoon trip we have always wanted but never have taken), Pay for all of our close friends to go on a cruise with us, Take my kids to Disney World, Pay off my and Troy's parent's houses to thank them for everything they have ever done for us, Get rid of the van and buy a SUV, Put a bunch in savings for our future and our kid's future eductation. Okay, that is a start. :)

3 of my bad habits:
1. Waiting until my gas light turns on before I gas up (sometimes even letting it stay on for a couple of days before I make it to the gas station, but don't tell my hubby:)
2. I sleep with 3 pillows and very little blankets which drives my hubby crazy becuase he likes his ONE special pillow and a sheet, blanket, and comforter on.
3. Always wanting one little bite of something sweet before I go to bed.

3 places I have lived:
1. Burley, Idaho
2. Pocatello, Idaho
3. Twin Falls, Idaho

5 jobs that I have had:
1. Dairy Queen
2. Ropers
3. Mailboxes Etc.
4. Secretary for a Law Office
5. Stay-at-home MOM (My FAVORITE!)

5 Things people don't know about me:
(wow, this one is tough!)
1. That I had a hip disease in the 2nd grade and was on crutches for two years, and one day in the future I will have to get a hip replacement.
2. We have moved 7 times in 8 years of marriage (that is what I get for marrying into this business!:)
3. I don't like to eat very much meat. I am not a vegetarian....I like chicken and seafood and hamburger, but I don't eat any steak, ribs, or anything like that. Just never liked it much.
4. Sometimes in the middle of the night I start screaming in the middle of my sleep and scare the hell out of anyone around...lol...long story, but you can ask Perry & Marcy, Steph, the ladies from the scrapbook retreat, or my hubby about this! :)
5. I love to think "outside of the box" and do crazy things and pranks with our close friends. I can't go into too much detail, but lets just say fugitive, window paint, sidewalk chalk, toliet paper, realtor signs, fingerprints (Steph *wink), late night tennis games, ipod idol, this list could go on and on! :)

I tag:
1. All 3 of my sisters (that only counts for one *smiles)
2. Any one that has a blog that once cheered with me (Chalet, Wendy, Amber, Ashley, etc.)
3. Robin Gibbons

No comments: