Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lots To Share...

So I have been away from my blog for a few days and now I have so much to share. Our oldest, Kayden, is now playing basketball. Troy is coaching with a friend of ours, David. David is the father of Kayden's best friend Dalin and it is so fun to watch these boys play together and have their dads coaching. Last Saturday Kayden had quite the cheering section. My parents happened to be passing through on their way out of town and stopped to watch the game. Gary & Amber & Reggie, Troy's mom Deb, and his sister Wende and her two kids Monica and Andrew all attended also. It was so neat that they all made it to watch Kayden play....he was pretty proud to have a cheering section and every time he made a shot he turned and looked at all of us and started jumping up and down with his arms straight up in the air. Everyone continues to tell me that he is a great athlete like his dad, but always has a little of his mom in him (cheerleader) whenever he scores! :)





Me & Mom


Kayden's Cheering Section


Jaycee & Grandma Cantrell


Jaycee & Papa Clyde watching the game


Kayden getting a little pep talk from the coach at halftime...see how much he is paying attention...like father like son :)


Wende & Monica


Deb & Andrew


Ori Clyde & Nikki


Uncle Gary & Jaycee


Papa Clyde and his girls Regie & Jaycee


Then on Saturday night we had Britney come and watch our three kids and Regie and we went out with Gary and Amber. It was such a fun relaxing evening. We started out by going to Sakura (Amber's choice and favorite restaurant). It is a lot of fun. It is a Japanese restaurant where they cook everything right in front of you. Their cooks are pretty amazing they flip the eggs up in the air, they spin stuff around, they make little onion volcanos like the picture below. Besides having great food the entertainment is great. Amber talked me into trying the fried noodles this time instead of the fried rice. They were YUM-O!! I will defintely be getting them the next time we go.



Then after dinner we decided to go cosmic bowling. They have all the lights turned off and loud music playing. And if you get a strike when you have a colored pin in front you win a prize. We had a great time.....actually we had our own little party and entertained the people on both sides of us! :)

Troy & Amber getting their groove on to the fun music!


Sisters


Gary & Troy


My Man and Me


Cederbergs

Strike!!


You would think she got a strike with this reaction, but I am pretty sure there is still a pin standing in the background! :)


Troy posing for us before he takes his turn!


Then when we got home after bowling we had this really cute sign hanging in our doorway for us to see as soon as we walked in. Dang, I love my kids! :)


Sunday we had went and kidnapped the Cederberg clan and went to lunch together and then went and let each of the boys pick out a game to rent for the wii. Okay, okay, the adults picked out a couple too! :) Then we came back to the house and played games all afternoon as a family. We made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for the moms and kids, but the hubbys being the picky boys that they are didn't want soup so they had big plates of macho nachos. It was such a fun day! Thanks Cederbergs for sharing it with us.

Okay...and now to finish up this post. I was book tagged by both Jessica and Ace, so here goes...

Book Tagged!

Okay so my sister Jess and my friend Ace both tagged me and here are the instructions

The rules are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next five sentences.

5. Tag five people.

The book I am reading is called His Needs Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr.

If a husband seriously wants to meet his wife's need to feel close to him, he will give the task sufficient time and attention. I tell male clients they should learn to set aside fifteen hours a week to give their wives undivided attention. Many men look at me as if they think i'm losing my mind, or they just laught and say, "In other words, I need a thirty-six-hour day." I don't bat an eye, but simply ask them how much time they spent giving their wives undivided attention during their courting days. Any bachelor who fails to devote something close to fifteen hours a week to his girlfriend faces the strong likelihood of losing her.

Okay and now I tag the follwing five people (that Jess and Ace haven't already tagged!:)

1-Robin Gibbons
2-Marilyn Poulsen
3-Shannon Stephens
4-Wendy Mastrude
5-Kristin Reese

7 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

Those pictures are so funny! They made me laugh! The only bad thing I can say is that they don't show off my dancing skills! We also had a gret weekend!! Thank you so much for all of the fun times!! We will have to do it again soon!

The Peterson's said...

I just love checking out your blog because your family is always doing such fun and crazy things. You guys are so adorable I just love it!

Jessica said...

I WISH WE LIVED CLOSER TOGETHER! Your pictures are so cute. I love them. HOW FUN! Can't wait to see all of those pictures scrapbooked. You have such fun pictures. Lets plan a scrappin day.
Love you.

Sarah Stokes said...

Hello girl, Check out my blog for the rules, you've been tagged -yet again c-ya later alligator

The Peterson's said...

P.S. I just had to drop in and say thank you for your book recommendations on my blog. McCoy simply loves the stories by David Shannon. He thinks the drawings are so silly and everything that David does, McCoy says "oh, ike me." Because Mac gets into the same kind of trouble. The stories are great. Thanks again.

Marilyn said...

The book: A light to my path
Author: Lynn Austin
Jesse's going home to be with the Lord. Can't you see he ain't afraid?
Lot of good believing in the Lord ever done him, Grady said as he stomped out of the carriage house.
Delia had to let him go. Grady never would listen to a single word about God.
Great trilogy that takes place during the Civil War.

Marilyn said...

Your little princess is an absolute DOLL!!! You'd better hurry and have another one!