Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day With Grandpa

Yesterday Troy's Dad, Papa Steve, showed up at the house around 9:30 in the morning and asked Ori Clyde if he wanted to go and spend a couple of hours with him and help him work. Of course, Ori was absolutely THRILLED. They had been gone for a couple of minutes and I look out the window and see Steve's truck pull back up and he came up to the door. He said, "Ori told me he needed his sunglasses and that it would only take a minute to go back and get them, so please go back to my house." I couldn't help but laugh. He got to stay and help Grandpa all day and even go on a motorcycle ride after Grandma bundled him up well. He showed back up at the house around 5. After Grandpa and Grandma dropped him off and left Ori looked at me and said, "Mom, you are never going to believe it!! Grandpa has the same last name as us!! His name is Jensen too!!" It was the cutest thing EVER! Thanks Steve for letting your grandson spend the day with you. It meant so much to him!

Last night we had a little wii action going on. We ordered in Chinese with Gary and Amber. After dinner was over and all the kids were in bed, Dorrel & D'Nette, Gary & Amber, Chris & Amy, and Troy & I played the wii. We split up into teams of two, one girl and one guy, and had a little tennis tournament. My partner was Chris and we kicked butt!! No one could beat us. It was a lot of fun. Then we took a break from the wii and played the new Scene It game Squabble. It is Chick Flicks vs. Guy Picks. So you play girls against guys. The guys totally stomped on us (and being a competitive person that is not easy for me to say:) It was a very enjoyable evening with great friends. I wish I had some pictures to share, but I was too much into the game....and besides, it is hard to take pictures when you are so good and never lose! :) Thanks Chris for being such an amazing partner!!

3 comments:

Stephens Family said...

Jen,

I mailed your check and got it back. It said no such street address. I must have wrote it down wrong, but I deleted it so no one else would view it. Sorry, I will put it right back in the mail as soon as I get the correct address. OOPS!

Ashley said...

Sooo cute! Gotta love those spontaneous moments that your kids will never forget!

Sandy N said...

How sweet! I wish my kids lived close enough to their Grandparents so that they could do this kinda thing once in a while.... :(
Anyhow sounds so sweet!