Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sugar Cookies, New Bed, and Recess Collision

One of my favorite blogs to visit is this one http://www.shellyabrown.typepad.com/. And she is doing something really fun this month by sharing some of her favorite recipes and inviting others to join her. So here is one of my favorite things to make during this time of year.

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. soda
2 tsps. baking powder
4 cups flour
1 cup butter or margarine
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs and sour cream which the soda has been dissolved in. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Chill 1-2 hours. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

You top off with your favorite icing, but I usually like to make cream cheese frosting which is just a mixture of butter, cream cheese, powder sugar, and a little milk mixed to the right consistency. YUM-O!!




As you can see I had A LOT of help making the cookies. Luckily I decided to do it while Kayden was in school so I only had two up on the cupboard helping instead of three! :)


I am not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier post, but Jaycee (finally) decided she was going to figure out how to climb out of her crib. She stayed in it a lot longer than either of my boys did, and I was liking the fact that she never attempted to escape, but now that she has figured it out there is no stopping her. So we decided that it is time for a toddler bed. My amazing dad brought the bed to town today for us and helped me put it together and take the crib apart and put it in storage. The boys even got to help Grandpa with the beds and got to use all of his tools which of course they loved. You should have seen Jaycee's face when she climbed on it for the first time. PRICELESS!! She is pretty proud of her new bed, now if we can just teach her to stay in it! :) Thanks Dad....you are the best!!


One last thing. When I picked Kayden up from school today, this is what I saw......


Kayden and another little boy had a collision at recess (on accident of course) but smacked each other pretty good. Kayden came home with this and the other boy went home with a goose egg on his forehead. Kayden's eye is pretty sore and tender, but after a few extra kisses from mom and a cool wash cloth on his eye I finally convinced him to go to sleep. It was already black and blue more than this picture by bed time. I am sure it is going to be pretty bad looking in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday time. My Christmas shopping is ALMOST finished - WOO HOO!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies look wonderful, and how fun for the kids. Hate that black eye...looks sore. Love your blog and keeping up with you. Just so you know...I only displayed a couple of Christmas cards out where EVERYONE could see them...your's is one!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the recipe! Love the big girl bed.
Loved seeing you tonight!

Nikkala said...

Hi Jen. Sherelle is so cute and has yummy recipes--just made her Eggnog Cheesecake in fact.

You cookies sound good.

Cederberg Family said...

Love the pictures and the cookie recipe!!! Poor Kayden, I hate that he has a black eye, it looks like it hurts. Love you!