Sunday, February 8, 2009

Christmas Eve with the Cantrells

We spent Christmas Eve at Troy's mom and stepdad's house. We always have so much fun getting together with family, playing games, and just catching up. Troy's brother Eric was here from North Carolina with his two kids Kayla and Cody, His sister Terra and her family came, his sister Wende and her family came, and his other brother Thayne and his family were there also.

We started the evening with dinner and our favorite tradition for holidays, California veggies...yum-o! Here is a picture of Troy helping his mother in the kitchen.


He even carved the turkey this year.Then we all just hung out and visited while the adults helped clean up the dinner mess. The kids had such a fun time hanging out with their cousins. The just don't get to see them nearly enough. This is Kody, Kayden, Katelynn, Ori, and Jaycee playing on the computer.And Jaycee loving on Grandpa and getting a "horsey" ride.Then we all gathered in the family room and opened gifts. Jaycee got an adorable dirt devil vacuum from Grandpa and Grandma. It turns on and lights up and makes sounds just like a real vacuum. Jaycee absolutely loves it and insists on getting it out every time I am vacuuming around the house so she can help me.Ori got a construction set that has a bunch of different vehicles and people in it. This could not be more perfect for him right now. This is exactly the kind of stuff he is in to. And Kayden got a small pin ball machine that you can sit on a table and play. I could have swore I got a picture of him with it, but I can't seem to find it.

This is a picture of me with my niece's new boyfriend she brought for us to meet. He was laughing at me because I was walking around taking a bunch of pictures, so I decided to break him in the right way......having him take a picture with me. :)Then we spent the rest of the evening playing our wii, playing darts, and ping pong in the garage.





It was such an enjoyable evening and always so much fun to spend time with family.

1 comment:

Cederberg Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love the holidays!