Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lots to Share!

Some of you may already know this, but I have been studying really hard to get my insurance license and Thursday I drove to Boise to take my test. I dropped my two younger kids off at Jessica's in Glenns Ferry and Kayden was in school. Thanks Jess for helping me out, the kids had a GREAT time!!

And...........I PASSED!!! WOO HOO!!! I was so excited and drove straight to the Department of Insurance main office (also in Boise) and turned in my application for my license. They said it would take two weeks to get and guess what I found in the mail on Saturday......


WOO HOO...it is here already!! I was so excited! I am OFFICIAL!! My husband has been so supportive and has helped with the kids a ton while I have been studying and preparing for this test. On Friday he came home with a special gift for me as a "Congratulations!" It was two massages, eyebrow wax, Two tans, a express facial, and a spa manicure. I was so surprised. Thanks baby, that was so sweet of you!

I still have to study to take my life and health tests (the second part) but I am officially licensed to start selling property and casualty.

The kids had such a fun time at Aunt Jessica's while I was taking my test. Here are some pics of their day...

Four wheeling

Playing playdoh


Cleaning up playdoh
In Aunt Jessica's hot tub



After taking my test I stopped by JoAnn's in Boise to get some ribbon for some new hair bows. Then I drove back to Glenns Ferry to pick up the kids. They were having such a good time and didn't want to leave and Jess was wanting me to stick around for a bit so I stayed for awhile. Jess and I made dinner for the kids and then worked on making some new hair bows for Kaylie and Jaycee. The kids painted pumpkins and then played for awhile longer. It was a ton of fun to hang out with my big sis. We just don't get to do it often enough and the kids always love spending time with their cousins!

Here are the bows we did that night together. At three layered green and purple bow and a two layered halloween bow. Mine are on the left Jessica's on the right. We thought it was funny how we both made the same bows but how they still turned out so different.


These two (Ori & Ty) played football together for the longest time. It was the cutest and most hillarious thing to watch. They were very serious and took score. They each had their end zone on separate ends of the hall and took turns trying to get a touchdown while the other tried to tackle them. I loved watching.
We woke up to snow every day this weekend. The kids LOVED it! They begged and begged to go Saturday morning but I tried to hold them off as long as possible because we all have been fighting colds off and on for the last several weeks. We did puzzles and I sent Jaycee to the "store" with a shopping list several times. Eventually the two youngest had begged long enough that we got them all bundled up and sent them out to play. It took them no time at all to lay down in the snow and make snow angels. They had a fun time.




Then Saturday night we decided that it would be a perfect night just to hang out at home. We invited the Cederbergs over and order Thai food (thanks Troy for thinking outside of the box and trying something new) and worked on a big puzzle together and watched college football. The Thai food was SOOOOOOOOO good and is totally a favorite of both Amber and Me lately. We are totally addicted to the Phat Thai. IT IS MMMMM MMMMM GOOD!!



On Sunday Troy had to work out at NWSG again because they are wanting to start moving everything in on Monday and there is still a few little things left to do. The kids and I attended church at Lighthouse which was so good today. Then the boys got to go help their dad for awhile and brought Jaycee home for a nap. This evening the Cederbergs came back over to help work on the puzzle some more and enjoy roast and mashed potatoes and gravy that I had made and to watch my team lose in overtime :(. It is fun to have family close by. Thanks Cederbergs for spending the weekend with us!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally enjoyed having your kiddos. It was such a fun day. Love the post. How come I find out everything going on with my sister on this blog and not from you. I talk to you all the time and I don't know half the stuff I read on this. CRAZY!

Love you.

Cederberg Family said...

Thank you for a fun weekend! We enjoyed coming over and visiting! AND your roast was amazing!!! I am glad that you passed! I knew you would!! Love you!

Cederberg Family said...

Did I mention how much I love that picture of Gary and Regie! Because I DO!!!

Robin said...

Great job on the license!! i didn't know you were going to do that!! i could have helped you study!!! Way to go girl!