Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I did it.....well, kind-of

I did it! Woo Hoo! I made and canned salsa for the first time all by myself. No, it didn't go perfectly and I definitely learned some things through trial and error. But, I did it and the salsa tastes good so I am happy about that. Now I will know what to do differently next time. Thanks Mom and Debi (second mom) for all of your help and being patient with numerous phone calls! :)




I also wanted to share this with you. This is an office building my hubby is working on right now. It is almost finished and is looking SOOOOO good. This is for Northwest Sand and Gravel and Gordon Paving (now owned by the same people). Both businesses will work out of the same new 6,000 sq. ft. office. Here are a few pictures.




This is the front desk when you walk in. All custom made with custom bead board.
This is one of the several custom made drafting tables. It looks so awesome!
All the doors and casing were custom made and absolutely beautiful.
The conference room with all custom cabinets.

The financial room (side note...wouldn't this make a perfect scrapbook room, all of the amazing counter tops and all of the storage. Wait until you see the next picture which is the other wall in this room, perfect storage for all of your paper!)

The vault that is hidden behind a secret door.

I will try to take a few more pictures when it is complete because it is going to be even more amazing!

4 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

Jen-I am so impressed with your canning skills! We need to chat-how to do that? phone/email-what do you think?
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow...love the building. I would love to have all those drawers and the countertops. Hope you're planning on coming over on the 25th...Lois

Cederberg Family said...

I am completely jealous!!! I wish I would have made some with you!!! Sounds so yummy!!! That building is amazing! How fun to work there! Please tell me that I get some of that salsa!!!

B said...

good job on the salsa jen! i'm not a canner in even the slightest of ways unless you count opening the can after someone else has already done the canning part. heehee
that building looks awesome and i totally agree with the scrap space. my dad works for gordan paving i'll have to ask him about the new office and see if he knows or has put 2&2 together with who's building it. your hubby is quite talented.