Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

First of all I would like to wish my amazing mother HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 50 AND FABULOUS!!! I hope you have an amazing day and I can't wait to see you this weekend.

We have been staying really busy the last couple of days! We cleaned our garage out and built some shelving in it to store all the odds and ends. Until Modern's shop is finished our garage tends to be a "catch all" for some of the miscellaneous stuff that isn't needed in one of the four trailers. It got so bad you couldn't even walk through our garage. So the whole family worked together to get it cleaned out and organized.


Then we cleaned up the rest of our yard and put hoses away and did all the little miscellaneous stuff before it gets any colder.

Yesterday we made a HUGE double batch of Halloween sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting. I love love love these cookies and try to make them three times a year....Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Day. We always make a big batch so we can share them. We took a plate to our neighbors on both sides, Grandpa & Grandma Jensen, Gary & Amber, Kayden's teacher, Kayden's scout group, all three of Troy's crews, Ori's best friend from preschool, and saved enough to take with us this weekend to share with the Burley group.




I received my study material to start studying for my Life and Disability portion of my insurance license. I am eager to get these tests over with also, so I can really get going on this. I am excited to try something new.

We are headed to Burley tomorrow after the boys get out of school to go and help celebrate my Mom's birthday. Excited to go and see family and friends and I will have some pictures to share when I return!

5 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

First of all, I am so glad that you posted about mom's birthday! I haven't been able to today! Second, your gargae looked amazing! You guys worked hard!! Third, those sugar cookies were amazing! I had one before I went to bed and one when I woke up!! They are so delicious!! Tell the kids they did an amazing job! And last I am excited for you and your new adventure with the insurance! I know you will do great and be a great insurance sales woman! I am proud of you! LOVE YOU!!!

The McBride Bunch said...

Your cookies look SO delicious. I TOO have to make them 3 times a year-Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines day and then maybe one time during the summer and of course-they are not the same without the cream chez!
Good luck with insurance. My husband started to do this before he was promoted at work!
lis

Brandon and Katie said...

Okay I think we need to be neighbors so we can share in the wealth of the sugar cookies!! Mmmmmmm :)

The Jones Family said...

Your shelves look great. we are needing shelves for our garage, but those will come with time and money. :)youre always doing fun things with your kids. I love decorating cookies or eating the ones that get mysteriously "broken." Congrats on passing your one test and good luck on the next one.
ains

SAYDA said...

Your mom is beautiful! I want to look as good as her when I'm 50. Oh no! Four more years! I'm just letting people know about our giveaway on Sadie's Crafts. Leave a comment and you will be entered in our drawing.
Sayda