Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pine

Troy was gone all last week working on a job in Pine. He left Monday at 5 am and was hoping to be back by Thursday, but there was more to do than he thought and so he ended up staying until Sunday night. Not that it isn't bad enough that he is gone, but he also had NO CELL SERVICE in pine at all. We missed him terribly. So on Saturday morning, after Kayden's soccer game, the kids and I rode up to Pine to take a few materials that Troy was needing to finish the job. It was SO BEAUTIFUL there.......amazing.

Here are some pictures of the cabin (if you can call it that, it is HUGE) that he was working on. Look how small his truck looks parked in front of it....enough said. :)




Here are some pictures of the view from inside and around the yard. The pictures do it absolutely NO JUSTICE!!





We just hung out all day, the kids were in HEAVEN. There was so much room to roam and so many things to check out. They were absolutely filthy by the time we left, but they had an amazing time.
They found all of these little frogs all over the place. They put one frog in a water bottle and begged to bring it home. You would be amazed the things my children bring home from all the numerous job sites.



The kids had so much fun playing on this HUGE beam they were getting ready to put up. They took turns walking across it and jumping off.

Kayden even held Jaycee's hand and helped her across. I snapped a picture when he wasn't looking because you know doing "cute" things at the age of seven are just "not cool".

3 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

So my dear friend Jen-how are you? I came across your blog when I found my cousins. It has been a LONG time! You have such a beautiful family and look so happy! I would love to catch up!
Lisa (Jensen!)

Stephanie said...

Ok, this is the cabin we are building for us all to hang out in when we win the lottery. It looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love the cabin...wow. I want one like that when I grow up. I agree with Steph...that would be the perfect place to hold our next retreat...could Troy work on that for us? Lois