Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy, but FUN weekend

We had a fun filled weekend with lots going on. We started by having a birthday party for Ori on Saturday afternoon. Friday night when he went to bed he had a hard time going to sleep because he knew his party was the next day. I was downstairs dusting the living room so I could start decorating it for his party and I could hear him as he laid in his bed "trying" to go to sleep....he was singing to himself.."Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!" Then he would yell to me...."When is it going to be morning?" I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I told him he had to fall asleep before morning would come. Then a few minutes later I could hear again..."Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me." He is such a fun kid.

His birthday party was a lot of fun. We had three different games for the kids to play. The first one was where they all had a balloon tied around their ankle with a string and they had to run around and try to pop every one's balloons without letting theirs get popped. Then we played the game where they had a time limit to see how many cotton balls they could get from one bowl to another without using their hands, only a big spoon. And the last game was split into two teams and they had to take turns running down and finding a piece of gum that was in a bag full of shredded paper, opening it up, and start chewing, then run back and the next person had to do it. The kids had a lot of fun and Ori got a lot of awesome gifts. Grandpa and Grandma gave him the remote control helicopter that he has been seeing on television. He also got the new movie Ratatoullie (sp) from his Aunt Abbie and our good friends got him the cutest pair of Carhart bibs so he could look like his dad. And he instantly insisted on putting them on and wore them for the rest of the party. Thanks to all of our family and friends who came and helped us celebrate this fun event.














Then Saturday evening we headed down to my parent's house. My mom was having a "Craft Day" on Sunday so we went there and stayed the night and started preparing stuff for the next day. My three sisters, my Mom, aunt Debi, aunt Marcy, aunt Jackie, Grandma Knopp, and I all worked on three projects all day Sunday. We made a fun Christmas pillow decoration, a turkey to decorate for Thanksgiving, and blocks to decorate for Christmas that say "believe" on them. Mom was in charge of the pillow craft and picked out all the material for us. Marcy (with the help of her hubby) cut out all the blocks and got the supplies for the believe blocks. And Jess made the pattern and got all the supplies for us to do the turkeys. It was so much fun and all the crafts turned out so awesome. Everyone brought finger foods to munch on all day and mom made the most amazing chicken rolls, cheesy potatoes, beer can chicken on the grill, and butter noodles (with the help of Grandma). The guys were invited too (to help with the kids) and hang out and play cards and watch football. It was such an enjoyable day!!







4 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

What a fun weekend we had! We will have to think of something realy great for the next craft day!

Jessica said...

I had so much fun. What a fun weekend. The crafts all turned out so cute. Can't wait for the next craft day.
Love you.

Jason said...

Hey I just found you through Chalet's blog. You sure have a cute family.

Take care

Stephanie said...

Cute, cute crafts-I hope Ori had a good day-looks like he did. Sorry we couldn't make it. See ya soon.