Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lots to catch up on....

We have been so busy lately that I have neglected my blog a little. Here is a little bit of what has been going on in our lives....

We had the end of the year school carnival for Kayden's school. Troy and I took all three kids and they had a blast. Even though it was outside and a little cold, they tried everything from the cupcake walk (which they all three eventually got a cupcake), the ring toss, faces painted, rock wall, and miscellaneous big jump and slide toys. They also sold hot dogs and french fries so we had dinner also. When they had their faces painted Ori got a paw print on his face, Jaycee got a flower on her face, and then when it was Kayden's turn the guy painted him as a kitty. Kayden was horrified and the second the guy finished he looked at me and said, "Mom, please hurry and wipe this off before I see someone I know." It was priceless. Good thing we had wet wipes on hand. :)










Then the next week we had Kayden's Kindergarten graduation. Amber kept the two younger kids for us so Troy and I could both go and really enjoy it. Kayden was so cute and super amazing at all the parts they had to memorize and all the songs they had to sing. Troy and I got a pretty big kick out of him during the one song. They got to put sunglasses on and sing about summer vacation and Kayden was jammin' away. He was by far the most animated of the whole class. Then we got to go back to his room and have cookies and punch and look at all the stuff they had done all year long. We also got a great pic of Kayden and his close friends.













Now that summer has officially started (even though the weather doesn't feel like it), we have started Tball and Cub Scouts for Kayden. Ori is still too young and reminds us every day how unfair that is. Kayden's first cub scout meeting was an award night, and he got to go bowling. He thought that was pretty cool. Since then he has also been to the armory to learn proper flag etiquette from the soldiers. His Tball just started so I don't have any pictures yet, but I will soon.



Last weekend we had a HUGE yard sale at our house. I had tons of stuff. Amber brought over everything they didn't want to move into the new house. Jessica brought big load from Glenns Ferry, and Abbie brought a big load for Burley. It was a fun day hanging out and we all sold quite a bit. I stayed busy enough that day that I forgot to pull my camera out and take pictures. I know, totally not like me. :)
This weekend we moved Gary and Amber into their new house. I am very excited for them! I will get some pictures of this soon to post at a later time.
Last night I had a girl's movie night with a couple of friends from around here. We went and saw this....
I followed this series all the way through, so I of course loved this movie. It made me laugh and it made my cry. You gotta love a movie like that.

5 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

I just watched the movie, and loved it!! Great pictures of all the events going on. I totally forgot about taking pictures during the garage sale!! Oh well!! Life was busy! THANK THANK THANK YOU for all of your help during our move and everything!! Your two are always there when we need help. ALWAYS!! WE love you!!

Kimberly said...

WELCOME BACK!!! I've been checking on you every day, so I was excited tonight! The pictures are so cute! Can you even believe how big your baby boy is? Great to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see you back! I was beginning to worry about you. Looks like you've just been super busy. Lois

Andrea Hardman said...

I didn't know cub scouts started that young! That's awesome. Such cute pictures. I love graduations!

Jensen Family said...

He is a tiger cub which is the youngest group they have. They have to be going into 1st grade to be a Tiger cub. Because it is the youngest group one parent has to attend all the meetings and events with him, so Troy and I just alternate and take turns one staying home with the two younger and one going with him. He is so excited to be involoved in it.