Monday, July 14, 2008

Stock Car Races & Scrapbooking

That sounds like quite the combination, doesn't it? Stock Car Races and Scrapbooking.... :)

On Saturday we took the kids to their very first stock car races at the Magic Valley Speedway. Troy and I use to go all the time, but it has been quite a while since we have been also. Troy recently framed a house for one of the drivers, so he gave us free tickets for the races on Saturday night. Troy's sister Wende came with us, and so did my parents. We also met Rob & Tara Carson there. The boys enjoyed the races even more than I thought they would. They sat right up by Grandpa a majority of the night. Every time a new group of cars would come out they would each pick which car was theirs and had a little competition. It was so much fun. Here are a few pictures from our evening.




Grandpa bought all three kids ear plugs and helped them put them in numerous times throughout the night so it wasn't too loud for them.






Amber had a scrapbook party on Saturday and Sunday. I was unable to attend on Saturday because I didn't have any where to take my three little ones, but I went for a few hours on Sunday. It was a lot of fun.




Then Sunday afternoon and evening we had Perry & Marcy and their family, Dave & Steph and their family, Chris & Amy, Amber, and Abbie over for games and hanging out. We had lots of snacks and I made a big pan of lasagna and garlic bread for dessert. We played the wii, the farming game, and finished the evening off with some real tennis over at the park. It was such a fun day with fun friends.

5 comments:

Stephens Family said...

How fun. I told Clay that he had to take me to the car races at least once this year. I miss it so bad. Looks like you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

How fun...sorry I didn't get to stay and scrap with you on Sunday. Just too many things going on this time of year huh? Love all your pictures.
Lois

Cederberg Family said...

What a fun weekend!!!

Sarah Stokes said...

Looks like a fun-filled, jam packed weekend!! Your little girls is absolutley darling Jen,.

Kimberly said...

OH -I wish I lived closer! I would have watched the kids so you could have gone scrapbooking! I would have only charged 1 page for me! : ) Great pics! Love you!