Friday, May 16, 2008

SO MUCH TOO SHARE

I have been away from my poor blog for so long that I have so much to share. Where to start...I know the last time I blogged it was Troy's birthday, so I guess that is a good place to catch you up. For Troy's birthday we went out with a group of our friends to Troy's favorite Mexican restaurant. Troy knows the manager and when they came to sing him happy birthday the manager snuck up behind him with some whip cream. It was hilarious, as you can see I got quite the kick out of it.:) It was such a fun night with a lot of our good friends.


Kayden just finished up with spring soccer. He was once again coached by his best friend's dad and he had a really fun team. It is so great to watch him get older and continue to get better with the things he tries. His last game turned out pretty awesome. Just as he was coming over to me at the sidelines feeling a little sad because his best friend had lots of "fans" there watching him for the night, he saw Papa Clyde, Nannie Becky, Aunt Jo, and her boyfriend Mike walk around the corner. I can't even begin to tell you how excited he was. It was a great end to a great season.








My two best friends and myself had such a neat surprise for Mother's Day. Our husbands planned a special night just for us. When we showed up at the house they had all our tables, chairs (with a pillow, might I add), and garbages all set up for a night of scrapbooking. The table was covered with all of our favorite goodies and a chick flick, and each of our kids had made a sign for us. They took all the kids with them and left us to scrap away. Then around 6:30 they showed up with dinner that they had grilled for us. It was such a fun fun way to celebrate mother's day and I was so happy to share it with a couple other mothers who are very dear to my heart. Thanks guys for such a fun treat, WE LOVE YOU!!







Then on mother's day we headed to the Burley/Rupert area to see both of our mom's and deliver flower baskets for mother's day. We started off in Rupert at Troy's mom's house. The kids got to see the new baby calf and climb all over Grandpa's equipment which they thought was pretty cool.





Then we headed to my mom's house for a BBQ, and lots of family fun. My two younger sisters were there for the day, my Uncle Perry and his family, and Grandpa and Grandma Knopp. Then later in the day we had lots of other family pop in and we played some basketball and other games. It was such a fun day with great food and great company!













I am sure I missed a lot of little things along the way, but that is a little bit of what has gone on in our lives the last couple of weeks. Tonight Troy got home in enough time to kiss and tuck his kids in bed. Then we sat down and watched this together....

I literally cried from start to finish. I must have been in the right mood to watch this movie. At one time Troy turned to look at me and laughed.....he said, "Are you going to cry through the whole movie?" Then he just held me tighter and cuddled me while we watched. I love when we get to spend time together like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Jensen's. :) papa clyde

Cederberg Family said...

Great post! Its nice to har from you again!! I cried through that movie also! It was a good one!! Love yah!

Jessica said...

Love you all. Love all the pictures from Mothers Day. I was so sad that I didn't get to be there, so it was so nice to get to see pictures of everyone. It is so hard to live far enough away that I miss out on those weekends. I love our family.
Love you so much.

John and Kassie said...

I am glad I am not the only one who cried through that whole movie---John didn't share a tear and just kept looking at me like I was loosing it or something:) Looks like you had tons of fun for Mother's day and Happy Birthday Troy!